Oscar grew up on the South Texas Border; spending time in Piedras Negras and Eagle Pass. Throughout his career, he has always fought for the underdog and is proud to have represented individuals and families from both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.
Oscar A. Garza has been a champion for the rights of individuals and families who have been wronged by the negligence of others. Throughout his practice he has held negligent companies and individuals accountable for the harms and wrongs they have caused his clients. He has fought against the insurance industry throughout his career and represented the rights of individuals with the upmost professionalism.
In 2007, Oscar founded The Law Firm of Oscar A. Garza and focused his practice on serious injury and wrongful death cases resulting from trucking and auto accidents. The firm quickly grew to include offices in Eagle Pass and San Antonio.
From the firm’s San Antonio headquarters, Oscar oversees all cases throughout the state and is the firm’s lead trial attorney. He has recovered millions in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients across Texas and Arkansas.
Oscar graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Baylor University. While at Baylor, he earned membership in the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society and he went on to graduate from Baylor University School of Law. He is a Lifetime Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and was named Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers for 2013-2017.
- A. Baylor University, magna cum laude
- D. Baylor University School of Law
- Texas 2003
- Arkansas 2012
- Lifetime Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Lifetime Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers (2013-2017)
- Top 100 Lawyers Civil Plaintiff by the National Trial Lawyers (2016)
- A. Scene Magazine – San Antonio Best Lawyers (Personal Injury) (2013-2016)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member (2009- Present)
- Vice President of Judicial Relations (2017)
- Vice President of Public Affairs (2010)
- Vice President of Legal Education (2014)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Advocate
- Mexican American Bar Association of San Antonio
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Maverick County Bar Association
Bernardo Gonzalez graduated from Baylor University’s School of Law in Waco, Texas. As part of his academic preparation, he completed a master’s degree in Advanced European & International Studies at the European Instute in Nice, France. In May 2014, Bernardo earned his Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, Politics, and Diplomacy from Texas A&M University.
Bernardo’s professional experience gained over several years led him to the International Center for European Training in Berlin, Germany. He later collaborated with the law firm Berry Appleman & Leiden, located in San Francisco, California. He has also worked at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Del Rio, Texas, and at Mott, McChesney, Curtright and Armendáriz LLP in San Antonio, Texas.
- Baylor University School of Law in Waco, Texas
David Guillermo Gutierrez was born and raised in Laredo, Texas. David made his way to San Antonio, Texas, and graduated from UTSA in 2004. After working in finance for seven years, and receiving a Masters in Finance from Texas A&M Intl University in the process, David attended law school at the St. Mary’s School of Law where he graduated in 2013.
David practiced as an Assistant District Attorney in Bexar County for the first two years as an attorney where he honed his skills as an expert litigator and established his courtroom presence. David now works for The Law Firm of Oscar A. Garza, PLLC. in San Antonio, Texas, and continues to seek the thrill of the courtroom while fighting for the rights of his clients.
- B.A. University of Texas San Antonio, J.D. St. Mary’s School of Law
Alberto Rodriguez graduated from high school at the CC Winn Campus in Eagle Pass, Texas, in May 2001. From there, Mr. Rodriguez graduated cum laude from The University of Texas at San Antonio with a Bachelors degree in Political Science in May 2005. Mr. Rodriguez attended Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and graduated with his JD in May 2008.
Mr. Rodriguez then worked in private practice until he became an Assistant District Attorney for the 293rdJudicial District in March 2010. As an Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Rodriguez prosecuted all types of juvenile and felony matters for the State of Texas. Mr. Rodriguez now works in the Eagle Pass office for The Law Firm of Oscar A. Garza, PLLC, and now fights to protect client’s rights. Mr. Rodriguez now focuses on personal injury cases and criminal defense at both the state and federal level.
- B.A. University of Texas San Antonio, cum laude
- J.D. Southern Methodit University, Dedman School of Law
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Texas District and County Attorney Associations (2010-2016)
- Maverick County Bar Association (2015-present)